||Rosemil Management Group
||Cortland, Davis Junction, Dekalb, Genoa, Sycamore
Click here to download as a PDF
GENERAL FUNCTION: Transport individuals from their home to the day training site and back to their home
in a safe manner. Provide an abuse/neglect free environment for all Individual's served. Supports the agency's Vision,
Mission and Core Values.
REPORTS TO: Director of Support Services
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Properly load the Individuals into the vans.
2. Secure Individuals and or wheelchairs using proper safety restraints.
3. Adhere to the speed limits, and follow all the rules of the road.
4. Conduct pre-trip inspections of the van; ensure that all vehicle features are working properly on the vehicle.
5. Assist the Individuals off of the van at the appropriate destination.
6. Return to designated location and clean the vehicle.
7. Report all incidents and accidents, no matter how minor, to the Director of Support Services immediately.
8. Report all unsafe, hazardous conditions or malfunctioning equipment to the Director of Support Services immediately.
9. Ensure the rights and confidentiality of the Individuals are protected at all times.
10. Participate in evacuation and emergency response procedures to ensure the safety of the individuals served.
11. Attend all in-services, training sessions, and department meetings as required.
12. Ensure the rights and confidentiality of the Individuals are protected at all times.
13. Be knowledgeable and thoroughly adhere to, and implement all policies and procedures.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Support Services or Executive Director.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: HS Diploma or GED preferred
No disqualifying criminal convictions
At least 21 years of age
Valid Illinois driver's license and ability to maintain a good driving record
Ability to lift 50 lbs
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Van, automobile, copier, telephone, fax, and computer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull,
walk, use hand or finger to handle or operate and to talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands or arms,
run as well as be able to work in cramped spaces and adverse weather conditions. Occasionally lift and/or
move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed primarily in vehicles, units and meeting rooms both in the building and at other Agency sites.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as
a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.