Direct Support Personnel
||Direct Support Personnel
||Genesis DTC LLC
Click here to download as a PDF
DT Direct Support Personnel
GENERAL FUNCTION: Implement individual programs under the direction of the DT Instructor or DT Trainer.
Collect data on the Individuals on a timely basis. Document the Individuals tracking sheets as required.
Provide supervision and oversight of the physical and mental well-being of the Individuals. Provide an
abuse/neglect free environment for all Individual's served. Supports the agency's Vision, Mission and Core Values.
REPORTS TO: DT Operational Coordinator
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assist Individuals in the assigned training room with activities of daily living (eating, drinking, hygiene, dressing, etc.) as necessary to ensure proper care.
2. Implement programs for all Individuals within the assigned training room.
3. Document electronically Individuals' performance on programs and on health issues.
4. Provide input and feedback to Residential Manager and the Interdisciplinary Team on matters concerning Individuals.
5. Incorporate repositioning, toileting, and self-care lessons into the daily routine.
6. Request program materials necessary for the completion of Individual's programs.
7. Engage Individuals in activities and programs at all times.
8. Assist in transition duties, which include but are not limited to, driving vans during AM and PM transition according to schedules.
Ensuring individuals and equipment are secure for a safe transport. Assist Individuals into the buildings and homes.
9. Participate in evacuation and emergency response procedures to ensure the safety of the Individuals served.
10. Attend all in-services, training sessions and department meetings as required.
11. Be knowledgeable and adhere to all policies and procedures.
12. Ensure the rights and confidentiality of the Individuals served are protected at all times.
13. Other duties as assigned by the DT Operations Coordinator or Associate Executive Director.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or GED required
No disqualifying criminal history
Certifying Direct Support Personnel (DSP) or the ability to complete DSP training
Eighteen years of age or older
Valid Illinois driver's license preferred and ability to maintain a good driving record
Ability to lift 50 lbs.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Van, automobile, copier, telephone, fax, and computer
PHYISICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential job functions.
While performing this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hand or finger to handle or operate
and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands or
arms and run.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed primarily in the Developmental Training building, and occasionally in vehicles, meeting rooms both in
the building and at Agency sites.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be
seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not
establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.