||Avancer Homes LLC
||Cortland, Davis Junction, Dekalb, Genoa, Sycamore
Click here to download as a PDF
GENERAL FUNCTION: Execute nursing services in accordance with current applicable local, state, and federal standards, guidelines and regulations for the CILA program. Provide an abuse / neglect free environment for all individuals served. Supports the agency's Vision, Mission and Core Values.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitor ordered prescribed medications, supplies and equipment as needed. Ensure supplies and medications are kept in good condition in an organized fashion. Ensure delivery of medications to the homes at the beginning of each medication cycle.
2. Develop, implement, coordinate, review, and ensure proper interpretation of department policies and procedures, organizational structure, nursing procedure manuals, and job descriptions.
3. Assist in establishing the administration, procedures, and control of medication as recommended by the pharmacist and in accordance with CILA regulations.
4. Complete medication administration training with all Direct Support Personnel, and including in-services on all medication changes. Re-train as necessary.
5. Meet with the Executive Director in planning nursing services, programs and activities. Make written and oral reports and recommendations to the Executive Director.
6. Train all staff on CPR and first aid.
7. Complete quality assurance reviews of medication administration records at least quarterly.
8. Assist in developing, implementing, and coordinating departmental policies and job descriptions. Review and make recommendations annually.
9. Be knowledgeable of medical appointments and labs.
10. Evaluate medical emergencies and determine emergency measures to be used.
11. Provide on-call consultation with staff on medication concerns for the Individuals at Avancer and Genesis Works.
12. Annually complete nursing packet that includes the Health Risk Assessment Tool, the Nursing Assessment and the Self Administration Medication Assessment. Bi-annual completion of Tartive Dyskinesia assessments with the Psychiatrist.
13. Be available outside of working hours via the agency provided cell phone.
14. Implement and follow-up on doctor's orders in collaboration with Residential Manager and DSP staff.
15. Give injections as ordered by physician.
16. Maintain professional working relationship with health care providers and agencies.
17. Contribute to the Community Support Team (CST) process.
18. Review health related work comp paperwork for clarification with human resources and business office departments.
19. Assist in coordination of discharge from hospital from a medical standpoint.
20. Review self medication programs and health information on annual Individual Service Plan (ISP).
21. Participate in and complete required reports for Health and Safety Committee and the Psychiatric Committee.
22. Be knowledgeable and thoroughly adhere to and implement all policies and procedures.
23. Attend all in-services, training sessions, and department meetings as required.
24. Ensure the rights and confidentiality of the Individuals are protected at all times, including current and accurate consents for medication.
25. Participate in evacuation and emergency response precedures to ensure the safety of the Individuals served.
26. Develop and maintain a good working rapport with department personnel.
27. Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director and President CEO.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Illinois License as a Registered Professional Nurse
No disqualifying criminal history
Two years of clinical, registered professional nursing experience within the last five years, at least one of which shall preferably have been in Intellectual Disabilities
Have the ability to become a Certified Nurse Trainer for Medication Administration through the Illinois Department of Human Services.
Ability to become a certified CPR trainer
Completion of twenty continuing education hours per renewal period
Valid Illinois driver's license preferred and ability to maintain a good driving record
Ability to lift 50 lbs
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Van, automobile, copier, telephone, fax, and computer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
While performing this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hand or finger
to handle or operate and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands or arms and run.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed primarily in offices and units, vehicles, meeting rooms both in the building and at other Agency sites.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed,
but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the
discretion of the employer.
Employee Signature Date