||Avancer Homes LLC
||Cortland, Davis Junction, Dekalb, Genoa, Sycamore
Click here to download as a PDF
GENERAL FUNCTION: Maintains staff schedules, ensuring adequate coverage for all CILA homes serving Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities. Provide an abuse/neglect free environment for all Individual's served. Supports the agency's Vision, Mission and Core Values.
REPORTS TO: Associate Executive Director
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintain permanent staff schedules, ensuring weekend and minimum hour requirements are met.
2. Ensure an accurate master schedule of all shifts and hours needed to maintain adequate staff coverage for all homes.
3. Call and schedule staff for replacement of leaves of absence and schedule adjustments.
4. Format, print and post staff schedules.
5. Update current and past schedules daily.
6. Review staff changes: absences, lates, earlies, adjustments with Associate Executive Director daily. Inform payroll of all exceptions.
7. Ensure adequate staff coverage for all medication passes.
8. Be available on call for emergency issues and participate in the on-call rotation as required by the Associate Executive Director and Executive Director.
9. Participate in emergency evacuation and emergency response procedures to ensure the safety of the Individuals served.
10. Assist in transition duties, which include, but are not limited to, driving vans during AM and PM transition according to schedules. Ensuring Individuals and equipment are secure for a safe transport. Assist Individuals into the buildings and homes.
11. Report all incidents and accidents, no matter how minor, to the Director of Support Services immediately.
12. Report all unsafe, hazardous conditions or malfunctioning equipment to the Director of Support Services immediately.
13. Be knowledgeable and thoroughly adhere to and implement all policies and Procedures.
14. Ensure the rights and confidentiality of the Individuals served are protected at all times.
15. Attend all in-services, training sessions, and department meetings as required.
16. Other duties as assigned by the Associate Executive Director or Executive Director to include but not limited to transition, staff coverage and doctors appointments.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School diploma or GED required
No disqualifying criminal history
Certified Direct Support Personnel (DSP) or the ability to become certified
At least 21 years of age
Valid Illinois driver's license and ability to maintain a good driving record
Ability to work independently, organized with good communication and interpersonal skills
Intermediate computer skills
Ability to lift 50 lbs
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Van, automobile, copier, telephone, fax, and computer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
While performing this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hand or finger
to handle or operate and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands or arms and run.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed primarily in offices and units, vehicles, meeting rooms both in the building and at other Agency sites.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed,
but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the
discretion of the employer.