Medical Needs Coordinator
||Medical Needs Coordinator
||Avancer Homes LLC
||Cortland, Davis Junction, Dekalb, Genoa, Sycamore
Click here to download as a PDF
Medical Needs Coordinator
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide for the required health services of the Individuals served. Provide an abuse/neglect free environment for all Individual's served. Supports the agency's Vision, Mission and Core Values.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide Individual's served transportation to medical appointments on time and in an organized manner.
2. Accompany Individuals during emergency transfers for medical care.
3. Assist with medical, dental and optical examinations and procedures performed as needed.
4. Communicate effectively with others within the organization and with other service providers in the community.
5. Ensure the collection of reliable, valid, and accurate information for all medical appointments is procured and available for review by the physician or service provider upon assessment. Provide insight on Individual's status.
6. Schedule appointments as required in the absence of the Clinical Director.
7. Ensure that required assessments, including but not limited to physical and dental exam, are scheduled and completed within required time frames. A physician must review medications prescribed.
8. Report all incidents and accidents, no matter how minor, to the Director of Support Services immediately.
9. Report all unsafe hazardous conditions or malfunctioning equipment to the Director of Support Services immediately.
10. Be knowledgeable and thoroughly adhere to and implement all policies and procedures.
11. Attend all in-services, training sessions, and department meetings as required.
12. Ensure the rights and confidentiality of the Individuals served are protected at all times.
13. Participation in evacuation and emergency response procedures to ensure the safety of the Individuals served.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Clinical Director and Associate Executive Director.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or GED
No disqualifying criminal history
Certified Direct Support Personnel (DSP) or the ability to become certified
At least 21 years of age
Valid Illinois driver's license and ability to maintain a good driving record
One year experience working with Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
Ability to lift 50 lbs
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Van, automobile, copier, telephone, fax, and computer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions
While performing this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hand or finger
to handle or operate and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance,
stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands or arms and run.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required
by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed primarily in offices and units, vehicles, meeting rooms both in the building and at other Agency sites.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed,
but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the
discretion of the employer.