||Avancer Homes LLC
||Cortland, Davis Junction, Dekalb, Genoa, Sycamore
Click here to download as a PDF
GENERAL FUNCTION: Coordinate the overall development and implementation of the Individuals' Individual Service Plans. Provide an abuse/neglect free environment for all Individual's served. Supports the agency's Vision, Mission and Core Values.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Associate Executive Director
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure and assist in the completion of OJT's for new staff and retraining of DSP's as required.
2. Provide training to DSP on the Individual's programs as defined in the ISP.
3. Review of health concern forms with appropriate staff. Monitor follow-up and inform Individual's home of action within appropriate time frame.
4. Ensure Individuals are instructed on activities of daily living, community integration, money management, and medication administration.
5. Maintain an adequate liaison system with guardians, families and Individuals.
6. Ensure that information in each Individual's file and binder is current and kept orderly.
7. Review communication log and Individual notes to ensure completion on each shift.
8. Make recommendations to the Associate Executive Director for disciplinary actions needed.
9. Ensure DSP's complete a daily log of incidents, activities and occurrences for each Individual residing in the homes.
10. Ensure quality food is provided to meet the nutritional needs and choice of the Individuals served.
11. Ensure sufficient supplies are provided to meet the maintenance, housekeeping, and medical needs of each home.
12. Ensure a safe and comfortable environment which fosters independence and Individual choice.
13. Provide intervention, documentation, and information to the Clinical Director, QIDP or the Nurse Manager concerning Individual medical, behavioral, personal, or safety issues.
14. Complete environmental review checklists on a bi-weekly basis. Document and notify the Associate Executive Director and Director of Support Services on the condition and replacement needs of furnishings, appliances, equipment, or other safety and maintenance issues.
15. Complete weekly medication checks for each home assigned.
16. Work required weekday and weekend shifts as a DSP.
17. Assist Individual's in accessing the community through outings.
18. Ensure that all required Individual personal item purchases are completed.
19. Be an active member of the Community Support Team (CST).
20. Assist in transition duties, which include but are not limited to driving vans during AM and PM transition according to schedules. Ensuring individuals and equipment are secure for a safe transport. Assist individuals into the homes.
21. Report all incidents and accidents, no matter how minor, to the Director of Support Services immediately.
22. Ensure staff and client knowledge of evacuation and emergency procedures for the safety of the Individuals served.
23. Develop and maintain a good working rapport with each house team.
24. Ensure the rights and confidentiality of the Individuals served are protected at all times.
25. Be knowledgeable and thoroughly adhere to and implement all policies and procedures.
26. Participate in emergency evacuation and emergency response procedures to ensure the safety of the Individuals served.
27. Attend all in-services, training sessions, and department meetings as required.
28. Be available on call for emergency issues and participate in the on-call rotation as required by the Associate Executive Director and Executive Director.
29. Other duties as assigned by the Associate Executive Director and Executive Director.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's degree preferred, High School diploma or GED required
No disqualifying criminal history
Certified Direct Support Personnel (DSP) or the ability to become certified
At least 21 years of age
Valid Illinois driver's license and ability to maintain a good driving record
One year experience working with Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities
Ability to lift 50 lbs
Intermediate computer skills
Ability to work independently
Organized with good interpersonal and communication skills
Basic math and cash handling skills
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Van, automobile, copier, telephone, fax, and computer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hand finger to handle or operate and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach with hands or arms and run.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed primarily in offices and units, vehicles, meeting rooms both in the building and at other Agency sites.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed,
but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the
discretion of the employer.